Following on from the success of last year, Pentillie Castle will be holding their ingeniously named, ‘PenGrillie’ BBQ Festival on Sunday 6th August. It is set to be a real fun day out of sizzle, flames, delicious food and live music. There will be something for all of the family:
• Street Food Festival
• Live music from Black Friday
• BBQ Competiton
• Sponsored bars with Cornwall’s Finest
• Professional smoking & grilling demonstrations
• Children’s activities
• Access to Pentillie’s 55 acres of woodland gardens
• Outdoor activities including Archery and Air Rifle Shooting
• Chilli Wing Eating Competition
If that’s not enough to entice you then keep reading for more hot details…
• Local high energy folk and Celtic punk rock band, Black Friday, will be playing throughout the day
• Lonewolf UK Archery will have their bows and arrows at the ready for guests to see if they can hit the target
• There will be a second chance to hit the target on theAir Rifle Shooting stand
• A number of professionals, including Country Wood Smoke’s Marcus Bawdon, will be demonstrating their smoking and grilling skills on our demonstration stand
• The Chilli Wing Eating Competition will see who can stomach the hottest sauce (we wonder if Ted will be brave enough to have another go!)
• The Pentillie Gardens will be open for guests to explore the Castle grounds
• Children’s Activities
• Being a family friendly festival there will be plenty to keep the kids entertained, with a dedicated ‘Kids Corner’ filled with lots of fun and activities, a bouncy castle, face painting and even a child friendly BBQ demo!
Local Trade Stands & Food Outlets
There will be a great selection of food outlets on board who will offer their delicious food all day. To name a few there will be…
• Pig and Pallet who rear and cure their own meats
• Kernowforno with their wood fired pizzas
• Sizzle Grills who specialise in Asado barbequed meats
• Thyme and Tide with their wood fired fish and vegetarian burgers
Guests are welcomed to browse the variety of local trade stands, which will include food based stands, as well as BBQ orientated stands.
All teams are invited, whether amateur or professional, to compete in the BBQ Competition, where teams will battle it out to see who will be crowned the PenGrillie Pitmaster of 2017. Will Riveria Barbeque be able to retain their title or will a new team appear from the flames to take the prize? The teams are requested to produce a little extra of each dish for the public to sample, so don’t be shy in talking to the teams!
Get your tickets in advance for the reduced price of £6 per person – available online now.
Or entry on the day is £7.50 per person. Kids Under 12 go free!
Call +44 (0)1579 350044/email email@example.com/ website https://www.pentillie.co.uk/events-at-pentillie-castle/pengrillie-bbq/